The church of St. Euphemia (also known as Sveta Fuma) is the most famous monument in Rovinj. At the site of today's church then there was a small church of St. Juraj, in whose place a new, larger church began to be built in the 10th century. It was a three-nave church, which in time demanded more and more repairs, so Rovinjans decided to build an even larger church. The church was reconstructed between 1725 and 1736, in the Baroque Venetian style, according to the project of the Venetian architect Giovanni Scalfarot, whose project did not fully satisfy the citizens and was supplemented by Giovanni Dozzi. Inside the church there is the sarcophagus of the Christian martyr Sv. Euphemia, which was brought to the city in the year 800. The church itself is 51 meters long and 30 meters wide, the height of the middle ship is 17 meters.